- Recurring Billing. By starting your BalletBox subscription and providing or designating a Payment Method, you authorize us to charge you a monthly or yearly subscription fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the BalletBox subscription service to your Payment Method. You acknowledge that the amount billed each month or year may vary from month to month or year to year for reasons that may include differing amounts due to promotional offers, including VIP Code redemption and promotional code redemption, and/or changing or adding a plan, and you authorize us to charge your Payment Method for such varying amounts, which may be billed monthly or yearly in one or more charges.
- Price Changes. We reserve the right to adjust pricing for our service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms of Service, any price changes to your service will take effect following email notice to you.
- Billing Cycle. The subscription fee for our service will be billed at the beginning of the paying portion of your subscription and each month thereafter unless and until you cancel your subscription. We automatically bill your Payment Method each month or year on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of your paying subscription. Subscription fees are fully earned upon payment. We reserve the right to change the timing of our billing, in particular, as indicated below, if your Payment Method has not successfully settled. In the event your paying subscription began on a day not contained in a given month, we may bill your Payment Method on a day in the applicable month or such other day as we deem appropriate. For example, if you started your BalletBox subscription or began paying on January 31st, your next payment date is likely to be February 28th, and your Payment Method would be billed on that date. Your renewal date may change due to changes in your Subscription. Login to your account and click on the Billing tab to see the commencement date for your next renewal period. We may authorize your Payment Method in anticipation of membership or service-related charges. As used in these Terms of Service, “billing” shall indicate a charge, debit or other payment clearance, as applicable, against your Payment Method. Unless otherwise stated differently, month, monthly, yearly, and annually refers to your billing cycle.
- No Refunds. PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our members. The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. If you are not satisfied with the contents, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work with you to address the issue to the best of our ability.
- Payment Methods. You may edit your Payment Method information by logging in to your account and clicking on the Payments tab. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Method information or cancel your account (see, “Cancellation” below), you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Cancellation. You may cancel your BalletBox subscription at any time. WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS. To cancel, visit our website and login to your account, click on your subscription, and click cancel, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find your Subscription and Click on “Cancel Subscription”. If you cancel your subscription, your subscription will automatically cancel at the end of your current billing period.